Every St. Patrick’s Home Foundation project directly benefits our residents.
Our Critical Need:
- Patrick’s Home waiting list has grown by 29% in the last five years
- Research shows there is an acute need for long-term care beds in Ontario
- Ottawa seniors have among the longest wait time for long term care in the province
- Although our new Home will help alleviate the wait times, there is a critical need for us to furnish our home with equipment, furniture and finishing touches, from therapeutic baths to stained glass windows
Our Tremendous Growth:
- Our new Home now accommodates 86 additional residents with a total capacity of 288 residents.
- We have 9 Resident Home Areas (RHAs), accommodating 32 residents in each RHA
- Each Resident Home has a state-of-the-art Communication Centre, Dining Room, Smaller Private Dining Room, Living Room, Sun Room and Spa/Bathing Area
- Our emphasis on restorative care and optimizing physical activity is reflected in the activity, gymnasium and therapy rooms
- Walking paths and a secure garden have been created for outside activities and a family destination when visiting
- Our new Home will house the St. Marguerite d’Youville Gathering Place where Mass, other religious services and celebratory gatherings will be held, as well as a smaller Private Prayer Chapel
- We also offer an in-house Pharmacist to dispense and monitor medications with a store-front retail operation
Our Accomplishments – So Far!
- We are celebrating 150 years of caring in our community
- Our successful $10 million fundraising campaign to build our new Home means increased capacity to serve more residents and their families
- We offer our residents exciting new initiatives in art therapy, access to computers and the internet through the purchase of ‘technology carts’, special interest presentations and orchestral and operatic performances
- Our “green” (LEED Silver) building standards mean improved efficiencies and long-term operational savings
For more information on how you can help contact:
Meg Friedman Executive Director, St. Patrick’s Home Foundation 613-731-4660 Ext 350 E-mail: MegFriedman@stpats.ca 2865 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K1V 8N5